Congratulations to Alisa Kober of Arlington Heights!
It was Alisa's "Paint the Town" submission that inspired the Aurora Pride Festival 2019 logo!
Thank you so much to Alisa and everyone who submitted outstanding logos for this year. Your support and dedication as we head into our second annual Pride Parade and first ever Pride Festival is truly appreciated!
CALLING ALL STUDENTS, ARTISTS, AND INSPIRED COMMUNITY MEMBERS!
Indivisible Aurora is looking for a brand-new logo and visual identity for the expanded 2019 Aurora Pride Festival and we need your awesome talents. The logo needs to be unique and help promote the Aurora Pride Festival's goal of, "Promoting the inclusion and support of LGBTQ+ Aurorans through art, entertainment, and conversation."
Information on how to enter and about the prizes is part of these Official Rules. To the extent of any inconsistency, these Official Rules prevail.
“Entry” means a logo design created by the Entrant for this Contest.
“Entrant” means the individual that offers the Entry under the terms of this Contest.
- The Contest is open only to individuals. The Contest is not open to companies, educational institutions, organizations, etc. or to groups associated with such institutions. Got that?
- Members of Indivisible Aurora, the contest judges and their immediate family are not eligible to enter the Contest. It's only fair!
- Entrants must be of sufficient legal age and standing to enter into a contract with Indivisible Aurora as required below. No babies.
HOW TO ENTER
- Initial entries must be submitted by email to email@example.com
- The entries must be submitted as a scalable vector graphic with a transparent background in either .EPS or .PDF format. See the Submission Guidelines below for further information.
- The email must include the name, age, postal address, phone number and email address of the Entrant.
- No more than 3 Entries may be submitted by any one Entrant, and each entry should be submitted separately.
- Entries MUST conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
- The deadline for Entries is midnight on August 1, 2018, Central Daylight Time.
- We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt; however, we cannot be responsible for entries or responses lost in e-mail.
- There is no fee to enter the Contest.
- The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for the 2019 Aurora Pride Festival. The logo will be used online, in print, on merchandise. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily and to look good in black and white as well as color. The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing.
- Entrants should take care to ensure that their Entries are not in any way similar to existing logos or other copyrighted images. A logo that infringes on an existing logo or contains copyrighted elements, no matter how well crafted, cannot win the Contest.
- The logo cannot be a variant of the City of Aurora "A" mark. No logo will be accepted that contains or emulates the design elements of the City of Aurora's logo.
- The logo must contain the words "Aurora Pride Festival" and the year “2019.”
- The logo must not contain any other text besides that required above.
- The logo must present equally well against light and dark backgrounds.
- The logo must meet community standards (i.e., vulgarity is not allowed and will be dismissed as trolling).
- Due to the requirements for high quality printing and re-sizing Entries must submitted in scalable vector graphic format (EPS). We advise against the use of halftones and gradients unless created inside a vector graphics program. Color in this version must be CMYK, no spot colors.
- The limit on attachment sizes for our email is 5Mb. Please compress image accordingly.
To recap, entry will consist of the logo with a transparent background in .EPS or .PDF format. We are able to handle most common file compression formats.
Subject to the requirements outlined above, the winning design will be announced on Indivisible Aurora's social media platforms on or around August 10, 2018.
The winning designer will receive:
- A $300 cash prize.
- Bragging rights forever!
- A complimentary logo T-Shirt. Cool!
- A spot in the VIP section of the Aurora 2019 Pride Parade (Indivisible Aurora is unable to pay for travel and accommodations)
- The right to use the logo in their works portfolio and to identify him/herself as the logo designer.
JUDGING AND SELECTION OF WINNER
- The winning design will be selected by judges appointed for the purpose and by Indivisible Aurora. Their decision will be final. No further correspondence shall be entered into.
- Indivisible Aurora reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
- Additionally, Indivisible Aurora may request of the winner alterations and modifications of the winning logo as it deems necessary.
- Indivisible Aurora reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or Entry at its sole discretion. No correspondence shall be entered into.
- The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo to Indivisible Aurora.
- Accepting the prize constitutes permission for Indivisible Aurora to make public and otherwise use winner’s name, and city of residence for publicity purposes. Further personal data may be requested but is not required.
- All submitted work must be original and not based on any pre-existing design.
- All Entries will become the sole property of Indivisible Aurora and may be displayed publicly on Indivisible Aurora web sites.
- The winning entry will be registered by Indivisible Aurora as a Service Mark and the Entrant agrees to transfer all right and title to the Entry to Indivisible Aurora in accordance with the Official Rules of this Contest.
Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the Entrant and Indivisible Aurora in relation to the Contest. They govern the Entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between the Entrant and Indivisible Aurora and relating to the Contest.
Pridetastic/Most Pride Colors:
A Balloon Creation, Inc.
Gandi the Juice Guru
Most Fabulous Float:
City of Aurora, IL, Government
The Fabulous Pixie Stix
New England Congregational Church
Simply Destinee Youth Center
Fan Favorite/Loudest Cheer:
View pictures of all of the amazing Pride Parade 2018 floats and units, here.
Jim Corti, Artistic Director of Paramount Theatre, will be serving as Aurora Inaugural Pride Parade's Grand Marshall!
Jim Corti is Artistic Director of Paramount Theatre’s Broadway Series, inaugurated in 2011 with President and CEO, Tim Rater. Deemed eligible 3 years ago for Chicago’s Joseph Jefferson Awards, Paramount has garnered 45 nominations with 16 wins, including “Best Musical” 3 years in a row for Les Miserables, West Side Story, and Sweeney Todd. With a record breaking 320,000 patrons this season, subscriptions have risen to over 36,000. “I’m proud to represent our LGBTQ citizenry in Aurora’s first Pride Parade!"
We're planning a special night just for you with our friends at the Chicago Red Stars. Come join us as we cheer on the Red Stars on May 26th at Toyota Park!
BUY TICKETS, HERE: https://www.fevo.com/…/Indivisible-Aurora-Celebrates-Pride-…
When you purchase, you'll receive your very own referral link to share with your friends and family. Anyone that buys from your link will automatically be seated with you. For every ticket purchased, $5.00 will be donated to Indivisible Aurora to support Aurora's Inaugural Pride Parade.
To pre-purchase parking passes and save time on game day please call 773-698-6804.
If you have any questions please contact Abbi Williamson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-698-6804.
Enter 'AURORAILPRIDE' when searching for ticket, by clicking here!
All ticket sales through this link will include a donation to support the Aurora Pride Parade!
For questions, contact Jordan at 312-994-5963 or email@example.com.
If you are interested in getting an Aurora Pride shirt, we will be selling them at the Pride Parade for $15.
Want a shirt before the Parade? Visit our table at First Fridays in Downtown Aurora on Friday, May 4th and Friday, June 1st!
In addition, The Yetee generously donated t-shirts to all of our volunteers who will be helping out on the day of Aurora's Inaugural Pride Parade!